I'm doing a round-up on all the places I've eaten in Atlanta this summer!
Naming all my favorite foodie obsessions with each favorite meal would be exhausting because every meal I had was blog worthy. So... I am listing all the great places I've eaten, along with an in depth write-up on my top 5 favorites!
- The Southern Gentleman : beautiful interior in the center of Buckhead - charred okra was delicious
- The Lure : great seafood
- Sun in my Belly** : best brunch (look below)
- Rise-N-Dine : a fun, quirky brunch spot near Emory
- Rabalta : brick-oven pizza goodness
- Superica** : best tex-mex (look below)
- Cakes & Ale : very very good American food
- The Iberian Pig : if you like tapas, go here
- Bartaco**: best mexican (see below)
- Relevator Coffee Company : if you like avacado toast in a cozy coffee shop, this is for you. It's also near the West Side shopping district, which has great shops
- Brezza Cucina : kale ceaser salad was amazing, along with the small meat plate - located in Ponce City Market
- King + Duke : a solid american meal, with a very cool rustic interior
- St. Cecilia : a she-she place, but the food is amazing
- Sotto Sotto ** : best italian (look below)
- ONE Midtown Kitchen : nothing special and not worth the money
- The Vortex : funnel cake fries. no more to say. (you have to be 21 to enter - definitely a PG-13 area)
- World of Beer : all the beer you could want, with bar food that is actually delicious
- JCT Kitchen : I was boring when I went here and had a salad. BUT this salad, yum, especially with their grilled chicken
- Chattahoochee Coffee Company : great coffee shop to study/relax. There are two shops, one is on the river!
- Antiqos Pizza : perfect pizza place to go with a bunch of friends - the pizza's are giant!
- Buttermilk Kitchen : so this is the one place I haven't been, BUT the amount of times I have heard people rave about this place... let me know how it is
- Jeni's Ice Cream** : best ice cream (look below)
- GunShow : I've never experienced anything like this place. They have a number of chefs that make a signature small tapas sized dish for the whole night, they bring it to your table and you say "yes" or "no" (don't say no) to the dish. You only have one shot on each dish - choose wisely. VERY good.
Sun In My Belly - I have never been a biscuit fan, I am now. Their biscuits are infused with lavender, their eggs are so good. The Kirkwood breakfast was always my go too, but I have been with others who have gotten other breakfast and lunch items, and they have given all positive reviews. I love this place!!
Superica - The greatest Tex Mex place I have ever been too. What a cool vibe in the coolest redone warehouse, Krog Street Market. Right after you order, they will bring out chips and salsa. Don't make the mistake I did and fill up on this delicious starter. Order tacos or nachos, which will come with family style unlimited beans and rice. Superica gets very busy and they don't take reservations, so prepare to wait 30 minutes to an hour. It's totally worth it.
Sotto Sotto - The best Italian food I've ever had, when not eating in Italy. There's a special dish that isn't always on the menu - a simple parmesan, pepper, and something else (I can't remember) spaghetti - it's amazing. Any dish you order will be incredible and authentic Italian. Make sure you get reservations!
Bartaco - Again with the Mexican food... This place is perfect for friend get togethers. The atmosphere is really fun, great food, and the meal is 100% instagrammable. Make sure to order the guac and grilled corn. Also stay away from the pork belly tacos - they are maybe 90% fat.
Jeni's Ice Cream - Bomb ice cream. It's very easy to inhale. yes, inhale. Try the Brown Butter Almond Brittle, or the Brambleberry Crisp. I recommend tasting like 10 flavors before ordering, yum.